Geomant’s Abuse Filter for Microsoft Lync is a unique solution that allows organisations to monitor and prevent the delivery of inappropriate instant messaging. The application is designed to support the organisations’ IT Usage and Acceptable Language policies and co-exists with existing email monitoring solution, sharing lists where appropriate, thus ensuring consistency across all messaging media.
Instant messaging is becoming ubiquitous in the business environment. Increasingly, organisations are choosing to implement corporate solutions rather than allow employees to use multiple public systems that are difficult to manage and often insecure. When providing IM tools, such as are available with Microsoft Lync, organisations have a responsibility to ensure that such tools are not misused. The Geomant Abuse Filter for Microsoft Lync is designed to help prevent individual misuse of instant messaging. The solution is quick and easy to deploy, and it is fully configurable. Organisations can define their own list of words and phrases that are deemed inappropriate. They can also define the action that should be initiated if such a word or phrase is encountered. For example, by taking advantage of the Abuse Filter, Administrators can stop the entire message or mask, remove, reject or change the offending text.
The Abuse Filter is a server-side application that works with all Microsoft Lync clients; desktop, web and mobile. It supports plain text and rich text messages and there is no requirement for a separate physical server.
- Unobtrusive, server-side application which will not impact day-to-day use of Microsoft Lync / Office Communicator.
- Monitors and prevents inappropriate words and phrases.
- Demonstrates organisations’ commitment to a Duty of Care to employees – to help prevent harassment in the workplace.
- 100% configurable by customer organisations, via an easy-to-use administration interface.
- Provides an audit trail where Instant Message misuse is encountered.
- Quick and easy to deploy.
- Bulk upload facility available for loading pre-defined blacklists.