The Geomant Presence Suite for Microsoft Lync delivers communications-enabled business processes and extends presence for mobile workers. The solution provides a range of tools for organisations wishing to fully exploit the huge potential of unified communications and presence by re-engineering business processes. Presence Suite simplifies business integration with presence information and through its Mobile Presence component, enriches that information by including the real time geographic location of mobile workers.
Ideally suited to organisations with widely dispersed mobile workforces such as public utilities, health and welfare, government agencies, local councils and all commercial businesses with multiple locations such as mining, transport, engineering services and sales.
Extending the breadth and availability of presence information can radically enhance business productivity. Organisations use presence-aware business applications for automated real-time transaction routing. To work effectively, they require reliable, real-time presence data, but the organisations also need to know more than just the current presence status—skills, location, and future availability are also required.
The Geomant Presence Suite for Microsoft Lync is firmly based on the Microsoft Unified Communications platform and extends its presence capability dramatically. The solution can automatically aggregate information about an individual’s presence from multiple sources including Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Outlook Calendar, mobile devices, skills databases, and business applications. The information is then made available to business applications through open interfaces and to users through an enhanced user interface.
The benefits go further. Calls and transactions can be routed based on real-time presence. And a database of historic presence information is maintained for analysis and presence forecasting.
Geomant Mobile Presence, which is part of the Presence Suite, expands the solution to mobile devices. Presence information can be extended to include users’ geographic location, so organisations can more effectively manage and communicate with their mobile work force.
The Presence Suite also promotes resource allocation by offering access to rich presence information online, through the web pages and enhanced Microsoft Lync client display available with Presence Viewer, and by business applications, through a real-time data interface.
In addition, the Presence Suite stores all users’ historic presence information in a database, for real-time and historic analysis and reporting. It also includes a portfolio of standard reports.
The Geomant Presence Suite for Microsoft Lync delivers real-time information about users’ location, facilitating huge increases in mobile workers’ productivity. Benefits include the following:
- Rich presence information provides a single, definitive presence status for each individual, alleviating the need to reference multiple systems to determine availability and suitability. Because business and communications systems can access this real-time presence information, organizations are able to optimize work allocation and workflow decisions.
- Mobile Presence adds a new dimension to presence information—geographic location. Users and systems can check both availability and current location. Taking advantage of this information can mean dramatic improvements in business processes and huge productivity gains for mobile work forces.
- Once the most appropriate resource has been identified, the Presence Suite allows short message service (SMS) text messages, emails, or calls to be initiated. It can also generate a task within the user’s Microsoft Exchange Server task list.
- Historic presence information is available for analysis and reporting.
- The Presence Suite is designed for integration, which means that new sources of presence information can be added.